Hair loss treatments:
The hair usually falls more in the changes of season. However, if you observe that it happens throughout the year, it may be due to nutritional deficiencies in your diet
Hair loss is a serious issue that troubles both men and women. This disorder encompasses problems ranging from mild hair loss to baldness.
In this article, we share the most frequent reasons for hair loss. We also detail the best hair loss treatments Keep reading!
About hair loss
If nothing has worked against hair loss, and when it is mild, we must accept that we have this problem. Worrying too much will only make it worse. However, we can make this condition better if we know the reasons for hair loss and hair loss treatment. We can even work on hair regrowth.
We have to keep in mind that we ourselves can be making this disorder worse. Nervous disorders such as stress or anxiety only make the situation worse. In addition, a bad or deficient diet can lead us to lose more than 100 hair daily.
Finally, we must mention that the term “anti-hair shampoo” does not stop being a commercial claim. These products have no proven effect on hair loss. The brands play with the feelings of people who suffer from this problem.
Reasons for hair loss
The hair loss may be due to different reasons. We highlight some of them:
- Physical stress
- A prolonged illness
- An important surgery
- A serious infection.
A hormonal change.
- Side effects of medications and chemotherapy.
- A medical disease such as lupus, syphilis, thyroid disease, etc.
- A serious nutritional problem
- Alopecia areata.
- There is also baldness due to hereditary patterns or androgenic alopecia.
- Even some people have a rare psychiatric disorder (trichotillomania) in which they tear their hair or twist it causing patches of baldness.
The reasons for hair loss will be diagnosed based on your medical history. The medications you take, nutritional status, hairdressing habits, and a physical examination will also be taken into account.
If your doctor suspects a fungal infection of the scalp, he or she will take a hair sample for a laboratory test. On the other hand, if your doctor suspects that it could be a disease or a thyroid problem, iron deficiency or hormonal imbalance, blood tests will be needed.
Hair loss treatments
In-case of androgenic alopecia, ie common baldness, the only hair treatments with proven efficacy to stop the loss are :
- Minoxidil 5% (lotion).
- Finasteride (oral treatment), although this is discouraged for women.
- Another option for hair regrowth is the hair transplant. The technique involves removing hair from the back of the head and grafting it in areas where it is scarce.
But not all are candidates because you need to have enough hair in the supply area to cover the scarce area. In addition, the hair takes to leave between eight months and a year.
Read More: The Benefits of Pomegranate Juice for Health
- Wash your hair frequently. However, it is very important to use the right shampoo for your hair type.
- In cases of oily hair, frequent washing is also recommended. This is how we reduce the sebum on the surface of the scalp.
- In cases of dandruff and grease, when the hair is washed frequently, it is advisable to alternate a shampoo of treatment with another shampoo of frequent use. With the two shampoos, you have to make 2 soap. To the second, it is necessary to leave the foam of 2 to 3 minutes, without rubbing. The comb should be wide and separate teeth. Metal brushes should be avoided.
- Properly protect the hair from the sun especially in summer which is the time of year when we most punish the scalp.
- Biotin: This vitamin is found in large quantities in brewer’s yeast, liver fillets, and eggs. However, the eggs must be cooked, because if they are raw our body does not absorb the biotin.
- Iron: We find it in meat, fish, and eggs and in foods of non-animal origin, such as lentils and spinach. However, iron in vegetables has a difficult assimilation. To absorb this iron you have to take a lot of vitamin C, with food or in the supplement.
- Liquid organic silicon: This supplement can help us strengthen hair, skin, and nails and prevent alopecia.
Finally, we emphasize that it is normal to fall between 40 and 100 hairs a day. If you take a balanced diet and you drop hair above these amounts, get a blood test and visit your dermatologist.
If you have ever experienced a panic attack or a sudden wave of anxiety, then you know exa…