The Best 5 Php Frameworks For Efficient And Fast Development In 2020
So, what are PHP frameworks and why use them, in the first place? If we shape a clear answer to ourselves, we will be able to pick the best framework for various projects in 2020 and streamline our work in many ways.
PHP framework is a pre-written basic structure created in PHP for particular purposes of development, whether in the web or apps sphere. A framework includes reusable elements of code put together in necessary configuration and can prevent a newbie from introducing a hidden bug into the code during lengthy code writing.
The fewer elements need to be written from scratch, the lower the chance they will have a security hole in them. Frameworks also assist in creating better and more stable apps by providing already tested and workable patterns of database usage and UI layout. Frameworks have the MVC principle at their foundation, so the convenient split between UI and business logic changes is precisely what frameworks are for.
So, if you need to make development faster and focus on polishing the actual app and its functions, pick frameworks. If you need the unique code with specific functions and lots of dedicated details and can spend more time on bug fixing and testing, then consider writing it all anew. What frameworks to pick, then, if you have decided on project features and goals?
1. Symfony. The widely popular PHP framework is suitable for large corporations and big organizations. It requires less resources, uses less memory, and helps create high-performance web apps in much shorter deadlines. The framework relies on the MVC concept, is very configurable, and can be matched to any requirements, as its numerous independent elements can be reshuffled and organized to fit the specific tasks. Symfony developers can use it as a whole or pick several separate components only. It features the in-built testing capacity. The main drawback is that extensive learning is required to master it, but the community and extensive documentation are available.
2. Laravel. For this PHP framework (since they all share the MVC approach), the key benefits are the availability of a dedicated dependency manager, dedicated tools for easier deployment (and maintenance), and its incorporation of syntax sugar. The important features that make Laravel development particularly fast and convenient are inbuilt authorization and verification tools and the Flawless Database Migration feature (presented in the latest release). One more great thing is that once you learn Laravel, then every new update is easy to integrate into your practice.
3. Yii is an object-oriented framework (yes, with MVC approach) that was built to overcome deficiencies of rivaling frameworks and to provide faster and smoother development experience. Its key features are inbuilt security tools, extensive localization and internationalization toolkit, automatic code generation (code observes XHTML standard), multitier caching model, and the possibility to use third-party code fragments in Yii without modification.
4. CodeIgniter is loosely connected to the MVC model and can be configured to work with HMVC. While models and views are not an obligatory portion of the development, controller classes are. The greatest advantage of CodeIgniter is the high speed of its work and lightness in terms of resource usage. The framework is easy to learn and development can begin almost immediately.
5. Zend Framework (Laminas). It is an object-oriented framework that offers both MVC and Front Controller functionality. At the same time, Zend is an assortment of PHP packages (60+ in number) that perform different individual functions. These functions are launched and managed by the Composer. For better work, it is recommended to install the required packages individually, and not the whole bundle of them. Composer will then fetch and install all their required dependencies. With this set of tools, development in Zend becomes simple and streamlined, saving a dev’s time and effort.
As you see, each framework has its strong sides that match specific development needs. So decide upon features you want to see in your app and create them easily with the appropriate framework toolkit.
The iPhone 12 mini and the names of the other new iPhone models have been seemingly confir…